Saturday, August 4, 2012

Room 19 Poetry Competition


Poetry Competition

Year 3 & 4 Poetry Competition, Thursday, 9th August, at 11am. 
Come along and be inspired by poetry.

This week we have been focusing on poetry and presentation skills. On Friday we presented a poem of our choice to the class to select the three best to represent Room 19 at the Year 3 and 4 Poetry Competition. 


The judge, Mrs Brown, said that it was a difficult decision to make as there were so many great presentations. Niamh M, Luca and Quillan will be representing us on Thursday and Marina is the reserve presenter.  Nicole and Olivia also received certificates for a great presentation. Thank you to Mrs Brown for judging the class competition. 












Click on the links below to listen to the poems. Remember to keep yourself safe by not following any other links or pop-ups.




"I was proud because I usually wouldn't do that in front of people and I tried my best to use good expression." - Niamh M


"I felt nervous, but I did my best." - Luca


"Next time I want to do better by practising more." - Quillan


"I thought I would forget my poem because I learnt it in one day." - Angus


"I was nervous but I still did my poem." - Beau


"Something I want to do next time is remember my actions." - Ethan


"I felt proud when I was presenting my poem." - Fynn


"I thought I did well at the end." - Jamie


"I was a bit nervous at first, but once I did it I felt really proud." - Josh


"I was proud of myself for doing it." - Kane


"Something I need to remember is the words to the whole poem." - Lachie


"I was scared, but I got through." Swastik


"I thought my poem was easy to remember." - Aliya


"It was easier than I thought to stand at the front." - Chloe


"Next time I want to use more actions." - Jada-Lee


"Something I need to remember is the actions. I noticed that it is not that hard after all." - Jordyn



"I was excited when I shared my poem." - Marina


"Today I tried my best at doing my poem because I was pretty nervous." - Niamh B


"I was proud that I faced my fear." Nicole


"I thought my poem was going to be really hard to remember, but it wasn't." - Olivia


No comments:

Post a Comment