Sunday, September 9, 2012

T3W8 Update & Reflections

Weekly Update


We have started our training for athletics. Everyone is very excited about the sprints track now marked out on the field and there has been a lot of extra practise going on at lunchtimes. Click on this link to see some excellent advice about discus and long jump skills on Room 17's Blog (Thanks Ms Ashby!)
http://room172012.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/athletics-discus-and-long-jump.html

On Friday we were very busy completing our art for the calendars. They look great! You can see our first attempt on display in the classroom and the final piece for the calendar is in the Room 19 Clearfile in the office. Make sure you check them out and get your orders in before the end of the term.

We hope to get a couple of more plants into the butterfly garden this week but most of the nectar plants will need to wait for a few more weeks until they are available in the garden centres. In the meantime we will be growing some from seed in boxes ready to plant out.


Reflections

I felt great about:

- getting 60/60 basic facts.  (Libby)
- my calendar. (Ethan)
- beating my maths goal twice in a row. (Lachie)
- playing the recorder. (Niamh M)
- getting 60/60 and passing my goal twice now. (Josh)
- my iguana calendar. (Kane & Quillan)
- my long jump. I learnt to take off on one foot and land on two. (Katana)
- my symmetrical snowflake. (Marina)


No comments:

Post a Comment